WHAT IS CORNEAL REFRACTIVE THERAPY?
Corneal Refractive Therapy, refers to a process involving specially designed contact lenses. The contact lenses, worn while you sleep, reshape the corneal surface in your eyes. It’s an excellent choice for people who are nearsighted and no longer wish to wear corrective glasses or daily contacts but are not yet interested in Lasik surgery.
BENEFITS TO CONSIDER WHEN IT COMES TO USING CORNEAL REFRACTIVE THERAPY FOR VISION CORRECTION:
- Suitable and effective for children between the ages of 8 and 12 who are just beginning to experience nearsightedness.
- Useful for active people who participate in sports and water activities.
- Less expensive than Lasik surgery.
- Non-surgical and non-invasive, meaning there are fewer risks than with other types of vision correction procedures.
- Fast acting with vision correction occurring in as little as one day to a few weeks.
As you can see, there are plenty of potential benefits for using Corneal Refractive Therapy for children and adults.
WHY DO WE OFFER CORNEAL REFRACTIVE THERAPY?
At Tropical Eye Associates we believe that everyone deserves to live a life unbound by eyeglasses and contact lenses. While not everyone qualifies for Lasik surgery, wants to assume the risks involved in Lasik surgery, or wants to go through the expense of this type of surgery, Corneal Refractive Therapy provides an attractive alternative. This may not be the right path for every vision correction problem but offers real solutions for those who are nearsighted and seeking alternatives to glasses, contacts, or Lasik surgery.
To learn more, open the pdf file below, or call our office for more information. Ask about our free consultations to find out if CRT is right for you!